Lindros has colleagues who can help with most forms of water purification. The technologies range from small private situations to village, town and even city scale projects.
The technologies have been proven and practiced internationally. There is experience in water resources development, water supply, waste water treatment and disposal, irrigation and disposal, irrigation and drainage and related infrastructure.
Fields of Activity include:
• Wastewater collection, treatment and disposal.
• Effluent storage and reuse for irrigation.
• Regional and municipal water supply.
• Wells and pumping stations.
• Flood control and storage.
• Fresh and saline water ponds for aquaculture.
• Rehabilitation of quarries.
Another group of people focus on decentralised sanitation, including waste water treatment and solid waste management. Other characteristics of their work include:
• Immediate verifiable impact of measures
• High rate of sustainability of project implementations and services
• Demand-oriented, bottom-up, multi-stakeholder approach
• Close cooperation with selected overseas partners
• Application of proven environmentally friendly technologies
• Use of renewable energy
• Focus on the protection of the environment and natural resources in the context of decentralised development projects
• Applied Quality and Knowledge Management
• Building of local capacity, competence and expertis?
• Active networking and co-operation with policy makers, civil society?organizations, research institutes and private sector
• Supporting the UN’s Millennium Development Goals
• “What cannot be sustained should not be done“
The technologies used include amongst others constructed wetlands and biogas digesters